Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hello (Blog) World!

Blog
1. noun – (a contraction of the term “web log”) is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, description of events, or other materials such as graphics or video.
2. verb – to maintain or add content to a blog

*source: Wikipedia

So essentially, a blog is a modern-day diary with one difference—it’s for the whole world to see.

For those who know me, my sudden interest in blogging will come as a surprise. Not that I don’t like writing. Once upon a time, I spent the longer part of my days in a cramped and crowded room, full of editors, photographers, layout/graphics artists and student journalists-turned-layout-models. I poured hours and days into writing, editing and laying out the school paper. Sleep was a rare commodity and barely beating the deadline was the norm. But I loved every minute of it. It made my B.S. Accountancy undergraduate experience almost bearable.

So no, writing is not my issue about blogging, it’s the intimacy and openness of it. It’s like giving anyone who has access to the worldwide web a license to pick your brain and take a peek at your mind’s content. I pondered on it and realized, why not? If there’s something in there that could actually benefit another human being or even lend someone else an “aha” moment, then peek away!

So here I am, the virgin blogger ready to share her next big adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I liked your blog it’s very interesting, Please keep on posting the related information regarding this Article, good for you, hopefully your nest blog will be more sensible and excited to your next big blogger adventure.

    ReplyDelete