Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer's Last Hurrah


I'm not fond of swimming. Maybe because I don't know how to swim or perhaps because I nearly drowned twice when I was a kid. But I do love the sun, the sand and the beach. The combination, coupled with good company simply makes summer contagiously fun!
So I went to the beach with friends last week. Boracay (fondly called 'Bora') is a famous beach in the Philippines hailed for its pristine waters, powdery white sands and abundant night life to boot. And boy, did I have a lot of fun! The heat on my skin, warm sand on my feet and laughter all around reminded me of my carefree childhood. Living within a mile of the beach guaranteed me at least five summer beach outings every year. But the older I got, the fewer my beach getaways became. Seems like age always finds creative ways of pulling us farther from life's simple thrills. And so, this rare beach moment and the fact that this is my last summer home before I leave for my MBA in the US made the experience all the more priceless.


Looked like Fall...



Felt like paradise...



Especially with the fantastic view...




Picturesque times of day...




Unique enterntainment...



Good food...



And great company...

No comments:

Post a Comment