Saturday, May 15, 2010

Business trip

Tomorrow, I'm flying to Vietnam for a business trip--probably my last overseas business trip before I leave the company in about a month's time. Sad thought actually.

I'm not a fan of the long, uncomfortable plane rides, lonely nights at hotels, fully-packed meeting days, and coming home to a desk of high-piled paperwork to sign and a full inbox. But what I will miss is the diverse minds, personalities and culture that come together in multi-country meetings. It's amazing how most of us come from the same continent, work for the same company, abide the same principles and yet offer each other totally different perspectives of a common theme. That's one of the perks of a multi-country, cross-culture organization. Someone somewhere has had the same challenge you're facing now. Very rarely will you feel alone in your dilemmas or market battles. If you're lucky, your solution might even just be as easy as 'copy-paste.' Plus the language translation, of course. In my company's words, that's 'sharing best practices.'

No comments:

Post a Comment